Want to join us?
Available position: Operations Manager
Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
Transformational Teachers Network is a not-for-profit, membership organization for teaching professionals and everyone interested in learning. Our mission is to promote excellence in teaching and learning based on our belief that every teacher is a valuable resource for making a positive difference in education in Nigeria. We seek to fill the role of Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate will have strong management, research, analytical, communication skills and a proven ability to plan and manage projects and programs. The successful candidate will work as a key part of the core implementation team to coordinate the design and delivery of various programmes within the organisation.
Date Posted: 13th February 2021
Application Deadline: February 28th 2021
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Lead, School Leadership and Teacher Education
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The OM will support and be partly responsible for:
- Supervising day to day running and administration of TTN’s operations
- Planning, coordinating and delivering training programmes
- Supporting fundraising and partnerships activities
- Developing and sustaining relationship with schools and community at large
- Developing ideas and contents to constantly engage the membership community
- Preparing quarterly programme reports and sending to schools and members
- Monitoring costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Overseeing, monitoring and promoting outstanding relationship with training facilitators
- Liaising with schools, teachers and organisations to ensure training expectations are met.
- Managing and promoting relationships with vendors and service providers
- Preparing membership, attendance and facilitators’ certificates and sending to everyone quarterly training
- Collecting, organizing and storing information in a digital format
- Developing and creating materials for social media platforms
- Prepares the venue and materials for the quarterly face-to-face training with other TTN Team members.
- Development, optimization and maintenance of TTN’s Blog/Newsletter
- General technical support for TTN’s Website, by ensuring no downtime and glitches as the cases may be, either for members and /or visitors
- Regular update of contents/ resources on the website
- Technical support for members (both old and new)
Technical and Behavioural competencies
- Organised and able to participate in and lead physical and virtual teams.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, and able to build value-adding relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the public, private and civil society sectors.
- Excellent analytical skills with advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Extensive people management skills
- Degree in education or development related field from a recognised university (possession of a Master’s degree is an added advantage).
- Minimum of 3 years of cognate experience in the development sector – research, education, policy advocacy.
- Prior teaching experience is an added advantage.
- Based in Lagos and can work remotely
Only successful candidates will be contacted.