Skip to content
You will need
- 1 x balloon
- 1 x CD
- 1 x pop-up water bottle lid
- superglue or a hot glue gun
- Glue the water bottle lid to the CD, so that the two holes match up – i.e. the opening of the lid should sit over the central hole in the CD.
- Now push the pop-up lid to the closed position.
- Blow up the balloon. Without letting it deflate (tricky) stretch the opening of the balloon over the top of the pop-up lid – just over the push-up bit.
- Find a nice big empty space on the floor (tiles or floorboards, it won’t work on carpet) and pull the pop-up lid to the open position. Set the hovercraft on the floor and watch it slide around.